Your Secret Getaway..

Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 1 @ The Office

Its not everyday someone gets the opportunity to be shipped off for a month to travel, explore and experience island living. When the suits offered me the position as official Blogger for Rahsia Estates Sdn. Bhd. how could i have said no!



First official day at the office; booking hotel rooms, intricately planning out the trip day by day to make sure I squeeze as much as i can and focus on not only the tourist attractions but the gloriously laidback island living as well. It is one thing to be on an island for a weekend and its another to make it your home away from home. Thats where I come in. I hope to simulate Langkawi island living, not just a 3 day trip but as a sanctuary to come to when people need their well desrved R & R. I always liked playing make belief as a child, from stacking up pillows in my living room and beating up my stuffed kangaroo (imagining I was a WWF wrestler) to playing hotel-hotel with my cousins, delivering food for 'guests' a.k.a my Pah and Atok and making sure the 'hotel' staff were in order. Haha. I never thought i'd be playing make belief even at this age! I plan to check out where the locals hang out on Sunday afternoons, where the rugby players train and i even hope to interview a brilliant artist who left his hustle and bustle life of being an International diplomat for our country to settle down in Langkawi. Can't wait for that!



Will keep you posted. Later.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Harith.

    Good luck in your island sabbatical! :)

    U.Din

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harith!

    Good Luck and enjoy!

    ^__^

    HDC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Harith,

    Congratulations on getting the 2nd Best Job in the world !!
    Wishing you all the best and be safe ! Enjoy yourself. . but not too much :>

    Viva Langkawi !!!

    The Top Suit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Harith,

    Have a wonderful trip to Langkawi! Langkawi has always been one my favourite Island resort. Eversince my first trip to the Island 20 years ago, I have been to Langkawi for more than 20 times and love the Island simple life stlye. It is really a beautiful Island and it is not a very commercialized tourist destination. I will definitely visit Langakawi again. Take loads of pictures and share it with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Harith, guess yoou love food! How about some pictures of Kuah Town. Anyway, enjoy the good local in Kuah Town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my forever eating beach bum of a brother. See you in 2 weeks. Enjoy bon appetite. Save me some ice cendol shake!

    ReplyDelete