Your Secret Getaway..

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The List!

After a long and anxious night, I woke up this morning feeling pretty stoked about the trip down to the island. After a quick jog and a run through my e-mails, i whipped out the biggest luggage i could find and started chucking in all the necessary clothes and miscellaneous items to bring to Langkawi Island. After about 20 minutes of folding and placing of clothes into my massive luggage i started to really think about what I needed to bring. Toothpaste? check. Laptop charger? check. iPod? check. Shoes?! triple checked. After shoving in a pair of jogging shoes into my bag, (in hopes to get a little exercise done on the island) chuckling to myself about the time I was rushing to the airport to catch a flight to Singapore with my Grandparents when i was 7.. and realizing at the airport that i wasn't wearing any shoes, I decided the safest bet was to write down a list of my top 10 most important things to bring.

1.) SHOES
2.) Camera charger
3.) Camera (no point bringing a charger without the camera itself!)
4.) Sun Block from Dad
5.) External Memory Stick
6.) Phone Charger!
7.) Maxis Broadband Modem
8.) Yaasin' (for protection)
9.) My notebook
10.) ....?

Still not sure what my tenth most important item would be but i'm sure it'll come to me sooner or later.

After finishing off the majority of my packing I decided to give Nadia, one of my best friends, a ring to see if she wanted to catch a bite to eat (and hopefully coax her into letting me copy movies off her hard drive!). Turns out the whole crew wanted lunch so we headed out to Ayam Penyet Restaurant at The Curve. On the way there, in the between making fun of Miriam and eavesdropping on the endless streams of gossip coming out of the 5 girls sitting in the car with me, it dawned on me that this was the 1st time all 5 of my closest friends were in the same car together and the energy in that car was immense!

At lunch, the girls pondered into the details of my trip to Langkawi wondering how long i'll be there, what exactly i'll be doing there, whether i'll be alright and what I would do in my free time. And of course, reminding me how miserable I'd be without them there. And as much as I played along with there jests with sarcastic come backs, truth is a part of me really does wonder how I'd cope without the crew with me. As we all ate our food in almost pin drop silence (pin drop silence being RARE in our group of friends mind you!) a weird feeling swept through me in an instant. Hoping it was the spiciness of the sambal cili in my rice, I realised it was more a feeling of belonging and just plain happiness at the thought that for the first time in awhile I had a group of friends who truly truly appreciated me and did care about me. Before we headed off our seperate ways, Chiky handed me a doodle on the back of the lunch receipt displaying "We Love Harith!" in bold writing across the paper. Haha a little memento for me to hang on to till my return. So cute how we make it feel as though I'm leaving to be dropped off to the middle of the desert for an eternity!

Upon arrival home, I was greeted at the door by my 2 siblings and my busy mother, with her phone glued to her ear making sure everyone is doing what they should be doing and everything is well. Mom sat me down and made sure I had enough money, planned out my trip with me and was a little sad about not being able to see me off at the airport as she has an early meeting tomorrow. Dinner was pleasant and parents are excited about the trip too. Tomorrow's the big blast off so going to get ready so i don't end up forgetting to wear something else in the airport this time.

My Air Asia flight is at 12 pm tomorrow and i fly directly to the Langkawi Airport. From there i will have to find my way to Kuah Town where i will be staying at the Bella Vista Hotel right in the city. I hope to then get acquainted with the city and settle myself into my temporary home. Will keep you posted on my travels tomorrow.

Harith H. the soon to be beachbum.

PS/ Still don't know what the 10th item is yet.. wish i could put friends and family on the list though...

6 comments:

  1. salam n good day harith..
    well, bon voyage and happy blogging there...
    buzz us for anything ya....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ceh. u bring yaasin just for protection. baca la wei. haha.

    anyway, have fun there dude (i'm sure you will).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Harith!
    Im sure you're on your way to the airport now. Have fun and have a safe flight! See you next week, InsyaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALAMAKKKKKKKKKKK I teared a bit kay!!!!!! :(
    i'm gonna miss you man!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Harith...
    have a good trip there and Selamat berjuang for our company ya.......bon voyage.....!!

    ReplyDelete